Sail 4 Cancer, was set up in 2001 with the aim of raising funds not only for cancer treatment and research, but also to improve the quality of life for people living with cancer, helping them maintain dignity and independence whilst providing respite from cancer. This is achieved mainly through providing sailing adventures for people and their families living with cancer. From short gentle sailing trips through to water sports holidays, these experiences have a multitude of benefits not only for cancer patients, but for ALL those affected.
Sail 4 Cancer Objects:
- Through offering a variety of sailing experiences for individuals and their families affected by cancer, the recently bereaved and carers thereby giving them the opportunity to switch off from the realities of everyday life.
- Awarding grants to hospitals and hospices for the provision of treatment, care, research and equipment.
The Organisation has four goals:
- To raise significant funds for cancer treatment, care and research through the organisation of high profile sailing events.
- To provide sailing opportunities for cancer patients and their families, the recently bereaved and carers with the aim of improving their quality of life.
- To become the charity of choice for all sailors.
- To attract people to the sport of sailing as a whole.
“I never thought of a yacht as something so beneficial in that respect; Toby just trundles around from stay to shroud to grab rail like the rest of the crew, and the crutches just stay out of sight in the nav station.” Gareth, London Sailing Project Skipper
“I want to thank you all in helping Laura and myself, have such a wonderful experience with the London Sailing Project. I have watched Laura's progress through her illness to full recovery. I find it difficult to put in writing my feelings. However I now see her laugh again. Last weekend she laughed and the sailing will her help her rebuild her life.” Pippa Summers
“The day will rate as a very happy memory and a forgettable one in our special memories bank.” Melvyn and Jenny Dunbar
“It was such a lovely and wonderful experience and certainly the highlight of the year for me.” Mary Newman
“After your sailing day, we have seen a burst of confidence in Debbie; I never though she would have ever gone on the rib and a bit of the old Debbie has come back so many thanks…” Frank
Registered Charity No. 1090133